Family Support | Ministry Development | Orphan Advocacy
Who We Are
Miriam's Heart is completely volunteer funded and volunteer led. To learn more about our vision and purpose in ministry, click here. To hear more about how to support our work in the northeast visit the support page. Finally, if you are interested in joining the churches in the northeast who are colaborating to create a coalition of churches who take action on behalf of orphaned and abandoned children, learn more here.
What We Do
Miriam's Heart desires to create a culture of adoption within the Church. We do this both locally at our home church, Zarephath Christian Church and also help to develop a culture of adoption within area churches. A culture of adoption is a culture that celebrates and supports the spirit of adoption, foster care and all aspects of orphan care. We believe that this culture develops organically from within the Church through the pillars of our ministry.
Miriam's Heart was established at Zarephath Christian Church and serves as both a local ministry to our church family and an outreach ministry (Miriam’s Heart, Inc) to area churches.
How We Do It
- Mentoring potential adoptive families to help them make the best choice possible
We offer fellowship through our Blend gathering, which meets approximately 6 times per year
We offer TBRI focused education and Empowered to Connect Parent Training and Conferences
We provide one-on-one pre-adoption and post-adoption mentoring and support and offer the Adoption & Foster Care 101 Information Nights
Partnering with trusted Christian organizations to help make connections between families considering adoption and/or foster parenting; and the vast amount of resources & support available;
- Raising awareness within the church of the plight of orphaned and abandoned children
- Offering infertility support through one-on-one mentoring
- Educating, recruiting & providng financial support to families wishing to bring a child into their homes via adoption and/or foster care;
- Providing fellowship, seminars and growth groups for adoptive families and have a support network designed to assist adoptive families through the adoption process and post-placement to all of the Northeast.
- Collaborating with churches and organizations to develop a coalition who partner together on behalf of the fatherless
- Heading up the Orphan Sunday initiative of the Christian Alliance for Orphans
- Supporting and developing church-based initiatives in churches in the Northeast